Centrally located on an upgraded and highly visible transit corridor, this extensive renovation and addition to a 1950 bank building was designed to provide a new location for an active and successful integrated health practice. With a modest budget and restrictive schedule, Cascadia Architects led an integrated design and construction team to develop a simple, elegant solution highly reliant on strong massing and delicate facade treatment.
Extensive solar shading elements employed in the design to maximize daylighting and connection to the street, while minimizing solar gains and glare.
Placemaking and brand reinforcement in the public realm, while providing a meaningful and engaged architectural expression.
Careful programming to provide active rehabilitation facilities directly adjacent to quiet physiotherapy treatment zones.
Utilized striking massing and dramatic cladding treatments to achieve an elegant architectural expression on a modest budget.