About Cascadia Architects
Cascadia Architects is a Victoria-based full-service architectural firm with a current portfolio of projects that includes commercial, healthcare, urban-planning, mixed-use commercial / residential, and Passive House residential.
The firm is a collaborative team of architects, intern-architects and architectural technologists working in an open studio environment. We are interested in pursuing innovative projects that bring environmental, social, and cultural enrichment to users and the broader communities.
Level of Experience: Intern
We are seeking an Intern Architect who has graduated from an accredited University with some experience in design and preparation of construction drawings. You will be able to work constructively in team settings and will support the design and documentation of a variety of project types, including work in design visualization and communication, design development, permit documentation, and consultant coordination. As a member of the Cascadia team you will be a key contributor to our company success and will help drive our vision of creative collaboration.
We are seeking as skilled designers with a solid foundation of a University degree in Architecture. Specific skills must include proficiency in BIM and 3d design software, preparation of presentation and construction drawings, as well as construction detailing.
Candidates will have:
- Certificate/Degree/Diploma in Architecture / Architectural Technology.
- Proficiency in Revit, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Design Suite.
- Experience creating thorough, high-quality sets of design drawings, with excellent design and graphic skills.
- The ability to manage time well and work towards deadlines.
- Self-motivation and diligence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English and valid work status in Canada.
- Experience working in the context of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Recommended be registered as an Intern Architect AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
How To Apply
Please submit a portfolio with CV and references to email@example.com.